Sunday, February 28, 2010

Valentine's Day!


Love… chocolates… flowers… oh yes!! This is it. Everybody is waiting for this… couples, partners, and teenagers. It is now love month and the most important event this month is the Valentine’s Day. The spirit of love is truly in the air. But wait, what is Valentine’s Day?... For me, it is the day where we show and share love to our love one’s and even to our enemies. We show it through many ways like dating, giving gifts, flowers, and chocolates, and saying “I Love You”.

February 14, 2010… I was still sleeping that morning when my phone suddenly rang. It made me feel irritated. When I got my phone and read it, I noticed that it all contains same message, it said “Happy Valentine’s Day!!!”. And then I realized that it was already Valentine’s Day. While eating my breakfast, I saw my father giving something to my mother. I was very curious so I asked my mother if what was that, then she said “It is chocolates”.

After eating my breakfast, I took a bath, and then after that, I went outside to observe fresh air. While doing that, a lot of things came to my mind. I imagined my friends dating with their boyfriends. I was also thinking other people who are alone, how can they celebrate this special event without their family and friends. The street children, it is important for them to feel that they are loved, but how if they have no family? By thinking this, I concluded that “Life is unfair”. Everyone has a right to feel that they are loved, but looking at the present time, this saying is not working, and the present time shows that “Being loved is a privilege”. I felt sad but still, I feel happy because I am not one of those street children. Although I have no partner this time, I have still my family who always there for me, and who really love and cares for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment